- 1 batch thin crust pizza dough
- 2/3 cup (5 fl. oz./160 ml) tomato sauce
- 6 oz. (185 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. (375 g) heirloom tomatoes, diced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 oz. (125 g) arugula
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 oz. (45 g) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved with a
Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough into a 10-inch (25-cm) round. Transfer the dough to a floured pizza peel. Spread half of the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch (12-mm) border uncovered. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella and top with half of the tomatoes. Season lightly with salt.
Transfer the pizza to the oven. Bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese is lightly browned, 10 to 11 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss your patch arugula with the lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and top with half of the arugula. Arrange half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings on top. Preheat the oven again, assemble the remaining pizza and bake. Cut the pizzas into slices and serve immediately. Makes two 10-inch (25-cm) pizzas.